Investing in North America and policy landscape
This session will look at the prospects for onshore wind and offshore wind in the US following the recent US election.
- Which types of investors are driving the growth of wind in North America?
- Which North American onshore wind markets will be key destinations for investors?
- What impact will the US election result have on wind investment up until 2025?
- Would you expect to see another surprise extension of the production tax credit?
- Are you confident in the prospects for growth in US offshore wind in the 2020s?
- We have seen California establishing itself as an early leader in energy storage as a way to mitigate the impact of wildfires. Do you expect the country to emerge as a leader in the energy storage market globally? Will this support further growth in wind too?
- Are we ever going to find solutions to the challenge of building transmission?
- Do you expect Covid-19 to have long-term impacts on wind in North America?
- Evgenia Golysheva - Engineering ManageR, ONYX InSight
- Jim Trousdale - Chief Financial Officer, Apex Clean Energy
- Sandhya Ganapathy - Corporate Head of Investments and M&A, EDP Renewables
- Martin Torres - Managing Director, BlackRock